12/24/11

Wonky Word Quilt

No pattern... Just a pair of scissors and two fat quarters!
Have you ever seen a "Wonky Word Quilt"?  I love these zany and colorful quilts designed by Tonya Ricucci... Her book is called "Word Play Quilts".  I didn't purchase the book, but I spent hours looking at images of quilts inspired by her designs.  The idea here is NOT to follow a pattern, to just go for it.  So, this is my first attempt and I kinda like it! (If you are a quilter, you can appreciate the letter "C" with the corners angled!!  Not as difficult as I thought it would be, but it required some thought!)  It took me about two hours to put this block together and after asking my friends on Facebook to describe me using 4 and 5-letter words, I have a list to make more blocks.  I just returned from the fabric store with other colors that match the tone and vibrancy of these oranges... and I will add to this post as I create more blocks. 

1 comment: