12/24/11

Meister Xmas Quilt

Mrs. Meister is the best teacher in Brevard County... Lauren had her for 6th grade a couple of years ago, and now Emily has her too!  I decided to make her a quirky Christmas quilt using a fat quarter bundle I picked up at Hancock Fabrics.  It turned out so cute, I went back to purchase more of the fabric for other Christmas projects.  I used a heavy weight denim for the back and skipped using any batting between the top and back.  I hand quilted this one (my first attempt at hand quilting and my fingers are still sore a week later)!  I always hand-stitch the binding, but it was extra slow-going... the lack of fluff between the front and back made it quite a chore. I wasn't there when Emily gave the quilt to Mrs. Meister, but I told her to make sure she said that I made the quilt by hand!  You never know if non-quilters appreciate how much time these projects take!!  I'm still laughing at a comment made by my friend Karen, another mom of a student in Mrs. Meister's class, "Thanks a lot for showing me up, Shloe... I gave her a box of candy and a poinsettia!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment